The Eiffel Towerimage
Discover the filming services and the conditions of use governing the image of the Eiffel Tower and the brand.
The Eiffel Tower is the symbol of Paris and France throughout the world.
The mere mention of its name sparks the imagination, and there are no shortage of artists and directors eager to pay tribute to the monument through films, reports, photographs, paintings, interactive works, etc.
But the Eiffel Tower is also popular and accessible. Its image can thus be found on a vast array of objects which all testify to the magic it represents.
Use of the space during the day and at night...
Views of Paris from the Tower
- An exceptional 360° panoramic view of Paris
- Adjustable view height (57m or 116m) thanks to the 2 floors
Main filming scenery
- A world famous silhouette
- Different spaces available:
forecourt, floors, areas not open to the public, etc.
....for all audiovisual projects
- Feature films
- Advertising spots
- Television series
The Eiffel Tower dedicated team endeavours to consider each project on a case-by-case basis, in order to best adapt the technical and artistic requirements of each production to the monument’s specifications, and to offer a fair rate for each operation.
Image rights apply to filming at night, as all of the Tower’s illuminations are protected.
Are you a journalist covering a report on the Eiffel Tower itself or current events regarding the Eiffel Tower?
- Filming may take place during the day and at night, for the most part away from the presence of the public so as not to interfere with the monument's operation.
- Specific service lift between the ground level and the 2nd floor. Depth: 2.30m – Width 2.50m – Height: 2.20 m. Door opening dimensions: 1.30 x 2.10m.
- Technical solutions and safety regulations will be examined during a preparation stage (electrical requirements, production control, access for teams and equipment, etc.).
- Possibility to extend the illumination time on a case-by-case basis.
- Parking: vehicles may be parked on Avenue Gustave Eiffel for unloading. They must then be moved. Please contact the Paris "Mission Cinéma" for help finding a solution.
Daylight views of the Tower
The image of the Eiffel Tower by day falls within the public domain: its use is rights-free, and may therefore be reproduced without prior authorisation by the SETE, the managing company of the image of the Eiffel Tower on behalf of the Mairie de Paris.
The Tower illuminated
The various illuminations of the Eiffel Tower (golden illumination, twinkling, beacon and events lighting) are protected.
The use of the image of the Eiffel Tower at night is therefore subject to prior authorisation by the SETE. This use is subject to payment of rights, the amount of which is determined by the intended use, the media plan, etc.
Views of the Eiffel Tower taken by private individuals for private use do not require prior agreement. However, professionals must contact our teams, who will inform them of the conditions of use governing images.
Not sure about the use of the image of the Eiffel Tower?
THE EIFFEL TOWER BRAND
« The Eiffel Tower » is a trademark and is therefore protected by trademark rights.
Products may be labelled with this reference following the negotiation of a licensing agreement examined on a case-by-case basis.
Do you have a question regarding the use of the Eiffel Tower brand?